Welcome to Hartsdown Academy
I am delighted to welcome you to the Hartsdown Academy website.
I hope that our website will provide you with an insight into our values, our recent progress, and our ambitious plans for the future of our school.
My beliefs about education are quite simple. I believe every child deserves an excellent education, that every child can achieve and that it is our job to overcome barriers and make it happen. The key question I ask myself is whether what we are doing is good enough for my child and if it is not then I seek to rapidly address the issues.
Our vision for Hartsdown is also simple:
- Every child is known and cared for
- Every child has an excellent education
- Every child is prepared for an excellent future through great qualifications and a rounded education
- A real partnership between home and school
- A school that we can all be proud of
To make this happen everyone at Hartsdown is committed to excellence in everything we do. Particularly:
- Academic excellence, including the launch of the International Baccalaureate in 6th form
- Excellent Behaviour, supporting children to behave in an exemplary fashion.
- Excellent Uniform, a commitment to perfect uniform.
- A 'no excuses' culture where excellence is the norm.
- High quality relationships. As a school we want to be known for our care of children and our partnership with parents.
My team and I work tirelessly to ensure that Hartsdown provides the very best education; one in which every single child fulfils their true potential in all areas.
If you would like to find out more information, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 01843 227957. We look forward to welcoming you to Hartsdown Academy.
Mr Matthew Tate Headteacher
- Hartsdown granted a National Award for ‘Excellence in Bullying Intervention’. 15 July 2019- Congratulations to all students and staff at Hartsdown. We have been granted the National Award for excellence in Bullying Intervention. The BIG AWARD is given for excellence in bullying intervention. It is offered to schools, services, groups or Local Authorities. Members work to meet the externally agreed criteria to be awarded.The criteria are carefully managed to suit the needs […]
- Summer School Production 20 June 2019- LET HARTSDOWN ACADEMY MAKE ALL YOUR WISHES COME TRUE WITH ALADDIN JR. Playing at Queen’s Hall, Winter Gardens, Margate. 10th July Performance 7pm Ring bells! Bang the drums! Are you going to love this exciting stage adaptation of the legendary tale of the lovable thief with the heart of gold! Join Aladdin, Jasmine, […]
- Year 9 Guided Choices Evening 28 January 2019- 28 January 2019 Dear Parent/Carer Re: Year 9 Guided Choices Evening I would like to invite you and your son/daughter to the Year 9 Guided Choices Evening on Wednesday 6th February 2019 at 4pm. The aim of this evening is for parents, carers and students to understand the guided choices process and to visit the […]
- Imperial War Museum 09 January 2019- Yesterday we took 28 Year 9 and 10s to the Imperial War Museum London. A heartfelt day was had by all. The students were praised highly for their attitude to learning, the respect they showed for the exhibitions and the sensitive nature of the topic they were learning. The students had a lesson with Lydia, […]