Careers at Hartsdown is geared to supporting, encouraging and guiding our young people into assuming personal responsibility for their future i.e. Owning their career.
Pupils are encouraged to:
- Realistically evaluate their strengths and weaknesses, identify areas of personal development.
- Gain an understanding of what personal qualities employers are looking for.
- Explore their careers aspirations and test their individual suitability via computer based career assessment software.
- Gain experience of the work place environment through a period of Work Experience.
- Gain practical job search skills including CV writing and Interview Techniques.
- Formulate a career strategy.
We deliver a comprehensive programme of activities, which includes presentations by representatives from successful companies, and is fully supported an extensive careers library, CBT assessment software and CBT tutorials, together with on-demand counselling and guidance from the Departmental staff.
All Hartsdown staff are responsible for CEG delivery – Specific responsibilities:
|Head of 6th Form (Ms Gipson)||Leadership of CEIAG Programme
All aspects of HE admissions process
|Head of Careers||Co-ordiantion and management of CEIAG|
|Head of Years||Delivery of careers programme via form tutors|
|Independent Careers Advisor||Delivery of informal independent careers advice|
Apprenticeships Explained, please click here for more information.