Examination Instructions for Students at Hartsdown Academy
Exam timetable June 2019
- Make sure that you know exactly when your exams are especially whether they are morning or afternoon. All dates and times can be found on your Individual Candidate Timetable. These will be sent home and handed out in tutor time, if you misplace these please come to the exams office for a replacement.
- You can bring ALL the relevant equipment for each exam with you, but please make sure they are in a clear pencil case or plastic bag. The pens must be BLACK, and if you bring a calculator for a Maths exam it must not have a cover on it.
- YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO USE TIPPEX OR HIGHLIGHTER PENS ON YOUR EXAMINATION ANSWER PAPER.
- Please ensure you allow enough time to get to school so if you are delayed for any reason e.g. traffic, you will still arrive in good time.
Your exams will begin at the following times.
Morning exams: 9:00am
Afternoon exams: 1.30pm
You will NOT be entitled to any extra time, should you arrive late for any of your exams. If you arrive more than 30 minutes after the start of any exam, Mrs Bobbett will decide whether you will be able to sit the exam. The Exam Boards will have to be notified.
If you miss an exam you will NOT be able to do it again. If you are ill and cannot take the exam, you MUST telephone the school immediately and leave a message for Mrs Bobbett in the examinations office 01843 227957. You MUST provide a sick note from your doctor.
If you do not have a genuine reason for missing an exam you will be charged £30 for that exam.
ARRANGEMENTS FOR EXAMS
Wait quietly outside the exams hall and make sure you know where you are sitting from the seating plans in the display boards either in the Maths corridor or outside the exams hall. Once inside the room, Exam Board rules state that you MUST be silent. If there is any communication between any students it will be assumed that you are cheating and will be treated accordingly. You must not talk until you leave the exam room.
MOBILE PHONES and watches
We cannot stress enough how important it is for you not to have a mobile phone or watch on you during the exam Anyone caught with a mobile phone or watch, whether it is turned off or not will be severely reprimanded by the appropriate Exam Board. You will be disqualified from that exam and possibly any other exams.
You are allowed to bring a clear bottle of drink into the exam room. However, you are NOT allowed to bring in the following items: Canned or cartons of drinks, chewing Gum, any other food
You are not allowed to leave the exam room even if you have finished your exam, so do not ask!
If you or your parents have any queries regarding your exams, you must forward it to the Exams Office.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR A FIRE DRILL DURING THE EXAMS
We do hope that no fire alarms go off during the exam period, however if one does go off these instructions must be followed in COMPLETE SILENCE.
- Should the fire alarm go off, firstly do not panic. Do not attempt to finish the sentence you are writing.
- You will be asked to leave the room in silence and in the order that you are sitting. Leave all equipment in the exam room.
- When you leave the room you MUST be at least one metre away from the students in front and behind you.
- You will have to be kept separate from the rest of the school. You will be instructed by Mrs Bobbett where you should assemble. Do not go to your usual assembly point.
- When you return to your exam room, do not start writing until the invigilator tells you to do so.
- LISTEN CAREFULLY TO INSTRUCTIONS AND DO NOT PANIC