The BIG AWARD is given for excellence in bullying intervention. It is offered to schools, services, groups or Local Authorities. Members work to meet the externally agreed criteria to be awarded.The criteria are carefully managed to suit the needs of different organisations. Portfolios are submitted annually for assessment and policies are checked.
This award is both earned and evidenced in a portfolio.
When your portfolio is assessed for the BIG Award, they look for:
1) A Bullying Intervention Focus Group
2) A robust Anti Bullying Policy
3) Regular Staff Training
4) Involvement of parents and carers
5) Pupils’ peer support or mentoring system
6) Regular awareness-raising activities
7) Testimonial from a young person
8) Recording and monitoring of bullying incidents
For more information please on the Big Award click here